Saturday, February 9, 2013

Fallow periods

In my cycle as an artist I have endured many of what I call fallow periods.  In my most recent period,  think I made 2 what I'll call major works over the period of about a year and a half. Today I set out to deep clean my art spaces in preparation for a full-time full on blitz of creativity. I decided I had to fix the mess before I could make it deeper. In my excavation of my studio space I am running into dozens of small sketches and scriblings.  I think I now have to rethink what I thought of a fallow.  Perhaps its more like a gestation period, where i laid in contemplation and self preservation.  Feels good to know that even in the dark night of the soul the little flame keeps burning, waiting to be fuled and SHINE.

2 comments:

  1. mmm, your musings on fallow and gestation are familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and there is the background for this page - which I like a bunch...

    ReplyDelete